Power Integrations, Inc.
Power Integrations, Inc., founded in 1988, is the leading supplier of high-voltage analog integrated circuits (ICs) used in power conversion. Power Integrations ICs enable compact, lightweight power supplies that are simpler to design and manufacture, more reliable, and more energy-efficient than those made with competing technologies. Their ICs power a vast range of consumer and industrial electronics—computers, DVD players, TV set-top boxes, cell phone chargers, home appliances, telecom networking equipment, and many others.
Power Integrations has pioneered the field of integrated-circuit technology for the power conversion market:
- TOPSwitch® product family, introduced in 1994, was the first-ever IC to cost-effectively integrate a high-voltage power switch, or MOSFET, and low-voltage control circuitry on a single, monolithic chip.
- TinySwitch® family of ICs, introduced in 1998, was the first to feature our EcoSmart® energy-efficiency technology, which dramatically reduces the amount of energy wasted by electronic devices.
- LinkSwitch® product family, introduced in 2002, is the first cost-effective integrated solution designed to replace linear power supplies, also known as "energy vampires."
- PeakSwitch(TM) products, introduced in 2006, are the first monolithic power-conversion ICs with peak-mode operation. PeakSwitch targets applications with peak-to-continuous power ratios of up to 3:1, including printers, personal video recorders, audio amplifiers, broadband modems and DC motor drives
- DPA-Switch® family of ICs, also introduced in 2002, is our first product family targeted at DC-to-DC applications. It is the first highly integrated power conversion IC for use in distributed power architectures, which are increasingly found in computing, networking and power-over-Ethernet applications.
More Info | Previous Page | Company Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: