OpenGL OS Comparison

This article presents a summary of the differences between Microsoft Windows 9x, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 with respect to OpenGL ICDs (Installable Client Drivers). While it is true that 99% of the code is common between an ICD built for any of these operating systems, understanding the background behind the other 1% is helpful. In fact, given the knowledge provided by this article, it is possible to create a single ICD binary that runs on Windows 9x, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000.

View Entire Paper | Previous Page | White Papers Search

If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: