Next-Generation Media Processing for the Modular NetworkThis white paper describes a new generation of media processing technology that enables a significantly lower total cost of ownership. Intel calls this technology Intel® NetStructureTM Host Media Processing (HMP) software. HMP software provides basic media services that developers can use to build flexible, scalable, and cost-effective modular network elements for voice and data services.
HMP software moves building media processing solutions from the domain of custom software and specially designed boards to an open software model for standard high volume computing platforms. This move offers significant advantages:
- Lower cost of inventory and startup - smaller initial capital investment
- Lower development costs - development systems do not require specialized hardware
- Lower deployment costs - software is less expensive to install and configure than hardware
- Lower sparing costs - hardware can be used for multiple functions
- Lower maintenance costs - maintenance is easier and less training is needed when system configurations are standardized
This paper is primarily technical in nature. It takes a comprehensive view of HMP software technology and its approach to building modular network components.
View Entire Paper | Previous Page | White Papers Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: