Adeneo Rolls Out New Version of Bluetooth Manager for Windows CE
3/22/2006 - Adeneo announced today the release of a new version of their Bluetooth manager for Windows CE. This product is the best cost effective solution for OEM willing to implement Bluetooth support on their Windows CE devices. With this new version, the product brings key innovations such as favorite devices handling, new profiles like DUN and FTP server and enhanced error management. Furthermore, its migration to Visual Studio 2005 allows OEM willing to adapt its source code having a powerful and ergonomic development environment.
Yannick Chamming's, Adeneo's Windows Embedded team leader and first "Embedded MVP" in France commented: "For OEMs willing to implement Bluetooth feature in their device, a key point of concern is the high level application that will handle Bluetooth connections and profiles. This development requires a deep understanding of Windows CE Bluetooth stack and a real amount of work to implement a complete solution. With Adeneo's Bluetooth manager, OEM can now benefit of a robust standard implementation, which provides most of the features available in Windows CE Bluetooth stack."
Hereafter are some key features of Adeneo's Bluetooth Manager for Windows CE:
- All standard Bluetooth features available - Adeneo's Windows CE Bluetooth manager implements all standard features such as devices and services enumeration, authentification, encryption, pairing, favourites, remote services connexion, local services implementation. Furthermore it supports most of the profiles available in Windows CE (SPP, OPP, FTP, DUN,...).
- Full compatibility with all Windows CE based devices - Adeneo's Windows CE Bluetooth Manager is completely implemented upon the standard Windows CE Bluetooth stack. Consequently, any Windows CE device which includes the Bluetooth stack can integrate the product. Developed in Native C, there is no need for having the Compact Framework on the device. The Bluetooth manager is available for CE.NET 4.2 and CE 5.0.
- Layered architecture for easier adaptation to OEM specific needs - Adeneo's Windows CE Bluetooth manager contains 2 separated modules. An "engine" layer which implements all the features of the manager with an intuitive and an easy to use API, and a "graphical" layer which implements a typical "PDA like" IDE for Bluetooth communications management. With this 2 layers model, it can be integrated easily on any type of devices: headless devices, custom GUI devices, etc... The use of Visual Studio 2005 as the development tool of the product provides a powerful development environment for OEMs willing to adapt the product to their own specific needs.
- Various Packaging for easier integration on OEM devices - Available both as a catalog component of Platform Builder and as an ActiveSync installation package, Adeneo's Windows CE Bluetooth can be integrated and used immediately without any integration costs, on both OEM custom devices or "of the shelf" preinstalled products.
- Licensing model adapted to every need - Licensing model allows purchasing either binary version of the product, or source version. Binary version addresses customers willing to use the product without any modifications. Source version addresses OEM willing to implement some specific customizations. Furthermore, the licensing model is royalty free, with only "one-time licensing fees."
A free evaluation version can be obtained from Adeneo.
Adeneo is a leading design centre in complete hardware and software custom design. Adeneo offers services in hardware and software engineering especially in industrial environments, with a strong emphasis on embedded and/or real-time developments
With 7 years of experience in Windows CE, and thanks to its gold level partnerships with Microsoft and many Silicon Vendors, Adeneo is the key partner for complete hardware and software designs targeting rich-featured high end products.
Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
For dedicated information on Adeneo's Bluetooth manager, please go online and viist the products section.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: