Embedded Toolsmiths Debuts JTAG Debug Tools for PowerQUICC III 8548E
9/14/2005 - Embedded Toolsmiths (ETC), a pioneer in JTAG debug solutions and PowerPC development tools for embedded systems, unveiled a new version of its Guardian-SE JTAG emulator and Agile-DB C/C++ embedded debug tools. This new version is highly optimized specifically for the PowerQUICC III Family (MPC8540, MPC8541E, MPC8543E, MPC8545E, MPC8547E, MPC8548E, MPC8555E, MPC8560)) integrated communications processors from Freescale Semiconductor. This PowerPC processor family was designed to deliver gigahertz-plus communications rocessing performance and advanced features with the exceptional integration and high-speed connectivity required by enterprise networking, telecom transmission and switching, 3G wireless infrastructure, storage and high-end imaging markets. The Guardian-SE JTAG ICE and Agile-DB source-level debugger provide many powerful on-chip debug capabilities including:
- Low cost solutions for board bring-up and test, boot loader debug through firmware and kernel debug
- Support for Linux and Windows host platforms
- One system supports all PowerPC processors, no firmware changes required
- Can be used with GDB, DDD, Insight, Eclipse and other open-source tools for cost-effective debug
- Hot-plug into a crashed or running system without disturbing your target's status
- Can automatically identify any supported processors and flash memory devices
- Crash-proof debug of popular kernels/operating systems, including Embedded Linux kernel debug
- High speed downloads, FLASH programming and single-stepping using powerful JTAG technology
- Easy-to-use, yet powerful enough for the toughest debugging task
- Data Book view of on-chip registers allow fast, easy target configuration
- MMU and Cache displays let you view and change target state on-the-fly
- A powerful GUI that lets you arrange data on screen according to your preferences
- Turnkey flash operations for popular manufacturers including AMD, Intel, Atmel, Spansion, Fujitsu, Micron Technologies, NEC, Sharp, Toshiba, ST Micro, and Silicon Storage
The follwing phases of embedded debug and development are supported with our High Speed PowerPC JTAG Tools:
- Board and hardware Bring-Up: Reset, step and run the target. Set and view target registers, MMU and CACHE. Test RAM (DDR, SRAM...), program FLASH and peek and poke devices using scripts and macros.
Bootloader, Firmware and Software Debug: Reset, step and run the target. Set hardware and software breakpoints in RAM and
- FLASH based code. View Source code, assembly code and data variables. Debug popular Boot Loaders like U-Boot, Redboot and others.
- LINUX Debug: Debug the LINUX Kernel, Drivers and loadable modules
- Manufacturing Test: Test RAM (DDR, SRAM), I/O Devices, program FLASH and peek and poke devices with scripts and macros. Create custom buttons and attach commands for popular tests. Erase, program and verify multiple images to multiple FLASH devices and FLASH device types.
For information about supported processors, visit: www.etoolsmiths.com/processors.html#powerpc. More information about the PowerQUICC III processors family can be found at Freescale's MPC8548E home page at www.freescale.com.
About Embedded Toolsmiths
Founded in 2001, Embedded Toolsmiths provides hardware-assisted debug technology that is focused on the problems faced by embedded hardware and software engineers bringing up new and custom hardware based on the PowerPC and other popular 32 and 64 bit processor families. Agile-DB and Guardian-SE are registered trademarks of Embedded Toolsmiths.
3 Kate Drive
Acton, MA 01720
(978) 263-9768 Fax
Agile-DB and Guardian-SE are registered trademarks of Embedded ToolSmiths.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: