iBiquity Digital to Outline Support for HD Radio Rollout
4/7/2005 - iBiquity Digital, developers of digital HD RadioTM technology, and leading consumer electronics companies will brief reporters on their plans to support the HD Radio rollout in the wake of recent broadcaster commitments to the technology. Details will be presented at a press conference taking place at the 2005 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show on Tuesday, April 19 at 11:00 AM PST in Room N243 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Following an historic announcement from 21 of the nation’s top broadcast groups at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, more than 2,500 AM and FM stations across the country have now committed to implementing HD Radio technology inspired by such features as:
- Static-free, crystal-clear reception
- CD-quality sound on FM stations
- FM-analog sound on AM stations
- Ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single FM frequency (e.g. 97.7-1, 97.7-2, etc.)
- A variety of data services that range from text-based information - artist name, weather alerts, school closings, etc. scrolled across your receiver display - to real-time traffic reports broadcast by a station and visually displayed on a vehicle’s navigation system.
By the end of 2005, a dozen receiver manufacturers are expected to offer HD Radio products across categories that include aftermarket automotive, tabletop, and high-end home.
- HD Radio 2005 - “CE Industry Demonstrates Support of HD Radio”
- Tuesday, April 19, 2005
- 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM PST
- Las Vegas Convention Center, Room N243
- iBiquity Digital - Robert Struble, President and CEO
- Boston Acoustics - Stephen Shenefield, Director of Product Development
- Good Guys - Tim Coakley, SVP of Merchandising
- Panasonic - Rob Lopez, Group Manager for Mobile Electronics Group
- Polk Audio - Paul DiComo, Marketing Manager
- radiosophy (formerly RiveRadio) - Richard Skeie, CEO
- Sanyo - Tom Van Voy, VP, Sales and Marketing AV Division
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: