VDC Proposes Ultra-Wideband Wireless Networks Market Demand Analysis
8/17/2004 - In a recently launched market research proposal, Venture Development Corporation (VDC) reveals designs and methodologies for an unbiased, independent research report entitled: Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Wireless Networks: Global Market Demand Analysis.
Since 1971, VDC has been the leading source of market research and consulting services for a host of communications networks and data-links topics, including wireless LANs, LAN controller and interface chip sets, industrial Ethernet, Software Defined Radio (SDR) and radio frequency identification.
The goal of this latest study is to provide conservative, granular market estimates and forecasts for UWB enabling technologies and components across all relevant UWB application segments.
The products and applications to be covered in this report include:
- UWB enabling technologies
- UWB chipsets: single chip controller, baseband processor chip, RF transceiver chip, low noise amplifier chip
- UWB antenna
- UWB components
- Communications products: non-line of sight transceivers, video transceivers
- UWB RF tags
- Sensors: radar and geolocation
- Application segment
- Wireless communications distribution and end devices
- RF tagging and identification
- Wired applications
- Communications networks, PC peripherals, portable CE A/V devices, mobile phones
- Imaging, vehicular safety, medical/home health devices, home safety/automation
- Personnel/asset tracking, precision navigation
VDC's study on the emerging market for UWB will provide the following data and analyses:
- Detailed market definition and segmentation
- Penetration scenarios for UWB-enabling technologies and components
- Market estimates and forecasts for enabling technologies, components and application segments
- Customer requirements and preferences from a number of OEM segments including suppliers of: WLAN/WPAN infrastructure components, PC peripherals, portable CE audio/video devices and mobile phones
- Analysis of UWB-enabling technology and component suppliers, including market share, position and profiles
- Analysis of pending industry standards and government regulations
- Key success requirements for product, market and channel development strategies
VDC's methodology will include rigorous primary research coupled with secondary research sources. The two processes will yield highly detailed and accurate market estimates and forecasts, customer requirements and supplier analysis.
The primary research process consists of structured, in-depth telephone interviews with OEMs, suppliers and industry associations/trade groups. VDC's target communities and target sample sizes include:
- Customer groups (approximately 60 - 100 telephone interviews, spread evenly across the following OEM segments): OEMs: WLAN/WPAN infrastructure component suppliers
- OEMs: PC peripheral suppliers
- OEMs: Portable CE audio/video device suppliers
- OEMs: Mobile phone suppliers
- OEMs: Military contractors
- Suppliers of UWB enabling technologies and UWB components under study (approximately 30 telephone interviews); and - Industry associations (approximately 5 telephone interviews).
The secondary research process includes reviews and analysis of:
- VDC proprietary databases
- Technical and marketing white papers
- Company reports and product literature
- Conference proceedings
- Trade associations, consortia and forums
- Standards organizations and government documents
Founded in 1971, VDC is a technology market research and consulting firm that specializes in industrial and commercial electronics, computing, communications, software and power systems markets.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: