Agilent Expands Portfolio of Wireless Connectivity Test Solutions
6/10/2004 - Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) introduced four new products that extend Agilent's comprehensive portfolio of wireless connectivity test solutions for wireless LAN (WLAN), BluetoothTM, ultra-wide band (UWB) and WiMAX devices. New capabilities simplify and speed test setup and offer improved performance to reduce design cycles and the cost of manufacturing wireless devices.
"Differentiating among the profusion of current and emerging standards for wireless networking is challenging," said Pat Byrne, general manager and vice president of Agilent's RF and MW Communications Business Unit. "Agilent provides the largest portfolio of products, technology insight and services to help manufacturers unravel the intricacies of devices based on new and emerging technologies. This product introduction, which supports all stages of the product life cycle from R&D through production, reinforces our commitment to the wireless connectivity market."
The following wireless connectivity test instruments are being exhibited at Agilent Stand No. 212:
- The Agilent N4010A Wireless Connectivity Test Set is the industry's first one-box test set that measures both WLAN 802.11a/b/g (option 102/103) and Bluetooth (option 101) from a single platform. The N4010A combines a fully calibrated vector signal generator and wide bandwidth signal analyzer into an integrated instrument that provides improved RF performance and faster, more accurate measurements.
- New wide-bandwidth and flexible digital modulation analysis options for Agilent's flagship PSA Series High-Performance
Spectrum Analyzer include:
- The 80 MHz RF bandwidth digitizer (option 122) that enables up to 80 MHz bandwidth signals to be captured and digitized with unmatched precision to meet the increasing bandwidth needs of communications and radar systems.
- The flexible digital modulation analysis measurement personality (option 241) that combines spectrum and digital modulation analysis capabilities up to frequencies of 50 GHz in a single box to support wired and wireless digital modulation schemes for non-standard, non-cellular and next-generation communication systems as well as popular cellular communication standard formats such as W-CDMA or GSM.
- The newest member of Agilent's PNA-L Series network analyzers, the N5230A options 240/245, offers advanced multiport, balanced measurement capabilities to RF and microwave engineers characterizing components for wireless communications, WLAN, signal integrity and aerospace and defense applications.
- Agilent's P-Series power meters and sensors provide fast, accurate and repeatable measurements up to 40 GHz. Continuous sampling combined with industry-first, calibration-free power measurements help R&D and manufacturing engineers develop wireless communications, wireless 802.11a/b/g networking and aerospace and defense products.
Additional information about Agilent's wireless connectivity test solutions is available at www.agilent.com/find/wireless, and a backgrounder is available at www.agilent.com/find/wireless_connectivity_backgrounder.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is a global technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 28,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $6.1 billion in fiscal year 2003. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
Bluetooth is a trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: