Communications Sector Consumes Embedded Merchant Computer Boards
5/17/2004 - According to VDC's 2002/2003 Embedded Merchant Computer Board Market Intelligence Program, the communications sector continues to consume more embedded merchant computer boards than any other vertical market.
This applies to the overall board market (including all types covered in the report), and in particular the following products:
- Standards-based Embedded Blades - Over 84% of standards-based embedded blade shipments went into communication applications in 2003.
- Single Board Computers - The communications industry consumed nearly 43% of single board computer shipments in 2003. For 2004, demand for SBCs in communications is expected to increase, with a greater number of boards going toward edge applications such as wireless infrastructure.
- Mezzanine Cards - More than 42% of mezzanine card shipments went to the communications sector in 2003. Use of mezzanines in communications applications is expected to increase by about 15%, while use in many other markets (with the notable exception of Military/Aerospace) is expected to decline.
The rebound of the communications industry coupled with a growing trend toward use of standards-based, rather than proprietary, architectures promises healthy growth for merchant computer board consumption. To help companies make the best of these opportunities, VDC is preparing to launch the Merchant Computer Boards for Embedded/Real-Time Applications Market Intelligence Program, 2004 - 13th Edition.
About VDC's Merchant Computer Boards for Embedded/Real-Time Applications Market Intelligence Program
As part of VDC's ongoing commitment to analyzing the global embedded hardware market, VDC is pleased to present the launch of our 2004 market intelligence program covering the global market for merchant computer boards for embedded/real-time applications.
Elements of the market intelligence program include:
- Six market reports, described in detail in the following pages:
- Slot Single Board Computers and Embedded CPU Blades
- Embedded Motherboards
- Mezzanine Cards and Computers-on-Modules
- Stackables (PC/104 Family, EBX, etc.)
- Slot Expansion Boards
- Global Embedded Merchant Board Market Overview and Outlook
- On-site presentation
- Inquiry Privileges
- Retainer services
- In-depth global analysis of market demand for embedded merchant computer board products
- Vertical market and application estimates and forecasts - for all product types
- OEM/integrator analysis evaluating the opportunities and requirements to support existing and emerging applications
- Industry structure and influences, including detailed profiles and share analysis of leading and emerging embedded merchant computer board suppliers
- Key success requirements for suppliers of embedded merchant computer board products
VDC is now accepting founding sponsors for this research. Benefits of becoming a founding sponsor include:
- Save up to $5,500 off the post publication price.
- Save $500 and receive a CD-ROM of the report with printable PDF files, Excel files, and a site license to post the report on your network.
- Guarantee your specific needs are included in the research scope. You will have the opportunity to review and revise a number of research tools, including questionnaires, surveys and profile templates.
- Receive research updates. You will receive updates during the research process alerting you to our interim findings.
- Receive a personal presentation. Schedule a time to meet with our analysts and probe for additional insights about your industry and market. VDC's study team will be available to present findings to any sponsor at their location of choice, subject to availability and client payment of travel expenses.
Founded in 1971, VDC is a technology market research and consulting firm that specializes in industrial and commercial electronics, computing, communications, software and power systems markets.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: