LynuxWorks Showcases Security, Choice and Proliferation of Linux
3/29/2004 - LynuxWorksTM, a world leader in the embedded systems market, will highlight the unstoppable force of embedded Linux®, the significant real-time performance of their 2.6 kernel, and the ever-expanding ecosystem growing in the embedded Linux world, through a series of demonstrations, presentations and partner announcements in the LynuxWorks booth at the 2004 Embedded Systems Conference.
LynuxWorks, located in booth #1626 at the Moscone Center San Francisco, will host partner demonstrations from several leading technology corporations:
- LSI Logic RapidChip "Platform ASIC" running BlueCat® Linux—This architecture allows communications OEMs the ability to combine an ARM® processor running BlueCat Linux with a rich set of IP available from the LSI Logic CoreWare® portfolio including link and protocol cores, memory controllers, bus interfaces and more. In order to get LSI Logic RapidChip projects up and running quickly the demonstration will also showcase integration with state of the art software emulation technology from Virtio.
- IBM 440GP running LynxOS®—demonstration of a rich set of features for communications designs supported with both LynxOS and BlueCat Linux from LynuxWorks for IBM PowerPC® processors. This demonstration will also showcase LynuxWorks' high-performance network stack.
- LynuxWorks will demonstrate Cavium Networks' support for high performance IP Security with Gigabit IPSec and high performance SSL using BlueCat Linux, OpenSSL and FreeS/WAN integrated together with Cavium NITROX security processors and the Cavium Software Development Kit (SDK).
Additionally, LynuxWorks engineers and strategic partners will also showcase how LynuxWorks' technology is used across multiple industries—from large-scale systems to small handheld devices. With more than 16 years of embedded software experience, experts will present how LynuxWorks is driving the next wave of embedded Linux. Attendees are invited to the following presentations at the LynuxWorks booth, South Hall #1626:
- IBM Microelectronics will share product information on their newest PowerPC processors. Learn the latest on the IBM PowerPC 440EP, 750GX, 970FX, and others, and how these devices can be used in a wide range of embedded applications
- LSI Logic will address the growing design complexities and increasing cost pressures of developing complex custom ICs in a presentation titled, "Accelerating Custom SoC Design with RapidChip Platform ASIC and System CoreWare."
- LynuxWorks, a leader in support for communications equipment ranging from modems to network switches, will discuss the advantages that LynuxWorks offers to the OEM developer in the areas of operating system reliability, standards support (including BSD), open source, protocol coverage and testing, IP security, network acceleration and support for system-on-chip designs.
- LynuxWorks will present an overview of the technology involved in designing a "Secure Embedded OS" and the implications of using it in secure embedded applications. The presentation will also review process methodologies needed for secure development and OS conformance to open standards.
- LynuxWorks will also present its strategy of giving the customer a choice in operating systems for development of their products. The presentation highlights a strategy that allows customers to reuse code across multiple product lines with varying determinism needs. A demonstration will show the ease of moving standard Linux programs to the real-time environment on LynuxWorks' LynxOS.
Where and when
The 2004 electronicaUSA with the Embedded Systems Conference will be held in San Francisco, CA, at the Moscone Center, March 29-April 1, 2004. LynuxWorks will be located in the South Hall, booth #1626, during show floor hours. Media and analysts attending the show are invited to meet with LynuxWorks executives in the booth. To make an appointment, contact Michael Moeschler of Weber Shandwick at 415-248-3418.
LynuxWorks is a world leader in the embedded software market, providing operating systems, software development products and consulting services for the world's most successful communications, aerospace/defense, and consumer products companies. Established in 1988, the company is a technology leader in the real-time operating systems (RTOS) industry, and a founding member of the Embedded Linux Consortium (ELC). LynuxWorks' headquarters are located in San José, California.
LynuxWorks is a trademark and LynxOS and BlueCat are registered trademarks of LynuxWorks, Inc. Other brand or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective holders. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: