MKS Improves Process Control and Flexibility with Implementer 5.5
3/4/2004 - MKS Inc. (MKS) (TSX:MKX), a leading provider of enterprise software configuration management (eSCM) solutions for the Global 1000, announced the release of Implementer® 5.5, the latest edition of the company’s market leading solution for change management on the iSeries platform. Implementer is a core component of MKS Integrity Solution®, MKS’s complete enterprise software configuration management (eSCM) solution.
"This latest release provides IT organizations even greater flexibility, visibility and control over the enterprise change management process, and connects iSeries development more tightly to software development activity on other enterprise platforms. As more organizations move to build cross-platform applications, the need for consistent tools, processes and improved management visibility also grows," says Marty Acks, MKS’s iSeries Product Manager.
Implementer 5.5 delivers a number of new enhancements including:
Enhanced and More Flexible Production Deployment Controls
- MKS has tightened the connection between Implementer and MKS Integrity Manager®, MKS’s customizable and scalable process and workflow management product, now offering development teams a faster and more simplified process for deploying native iSeries and cross-platform applications. MKS Integrity Manager provides a departmental role-appropriate user interface to promote and deploy software to production without requiring the use of developer-oriented tools. Now QA and IT staff can launch promotions or can perform activities directly within the MKS Integrity Manager browser, graphical user interface (GUI), or command line interface (CLI).
Deeper WebSphere Integration
- MKS enhances its plug-in support for WebSphere Developer Studio client for iSeries (WDSc) 5.1 allowing common change control tasks to be performed directly within the WebSphere development environment. New Implementer object properties windows and user customization features allow developers to tailor their WDSc experience to their specific needs.
Improved SQL Stored Procedure support
- MKS extends its existing SQL support with simplified management of SQL stored procedures. Implementer supports both source-based and non-source-based SQL procedures while eliminating undesirable polymorphism. Internal procedures, utilizing SQL Procedure Language (SPL) and external types of stored procedures are both allowed natively within Implementer.
Greater Control Over Multiple Development Paths
- Implementer 5.5 now offers new options for customizing parallel development. Developers now have greater flexibility with the choice of automatically or manually selecting a specific version of source to be modified.
Impact Analysis to Protect Application Quality
- Dependency and impact analysis enhancements during promotions improve application quality through automatically detecting and eliminating dependency failures earlier in the QA process. Utilizing the unique application pathing facility in Implementer, new promotion/deployment scanners ensure all impacted production objects are analyzed and recompiled into the correct testing libraries, as needed.
Improved integration with Customer-written applications
- New and improved commands for the Implementer Clipboard allow additional flexibility for interfacing Implementer into custom-written enterprise applications and tools.
- As part of the MKS Integrity Solution, MKS also releases today MKS Source Integrity® Enterprise Edition and MKS Integrity Manager offering extended control to the mainframe with an integration to CA Endevor; enhanced process capabilities including new templates for Waterfall and iterative development; development staging capability via a enforceable change package audit review process; a new Open API enabling rapid integration into enterprise applications and environments, new integrations into Mercury Interactive TestDirector® and help desk environments. Read the press release at http://www.mks.com/products/integritysolution.shtml.
Implementer 5.5, part of the MKS Integrity Solution, is available direct from MKS. For pricing and sales information, please contact your MKS sales representative at 1-800-265-2797 (North America), +44 1483 733919 (UK) or +49 711 351775 0 (Germany).
MKS Inc. ("MKS") (TSX: MKX) provides award-winning enterprise software configuration management (SCM) and interoperability software solutions enabling Global 1000 companies to better manage and control the complete process of software development. The company’s family of SCM products offers advanced technology with robust workflow, version control, and impact analysis capabilities. Under its widely known MKS Toolkit® brand, MKS provides UNIX-Windows co-existence, and system administration that significantly cut development and administrative costs and reduce time to market while enabling enhanced performance. Founded in 1984 with over 10,000 customers worldwide, MKS has built its brand on the foundation of advanced technology, superior quality and extraordinary customer service. More information about MKS can be found at http://www.mks.com, or by calling 1-800-265-2797 (US & Canada), +49-711-351775-0 (Germany), and +44-1483-733900 (United Kingdom).
MKS, Implementer, MKS Integrity Solution, MKS Integrity Manager, MKS Source Integrity, and MKS Toolkit are registered trademarks of MKS Inc.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: