Reactive Systems Rolls Out Reactis V2004.2 Testing and Validation Tool
12/28/2004 - Reactive Systems, Inc. (RSI) announced the V2004.2 release of its Reactis® testing and validation package. This version of Reactis includes numerous new features and enhancements since the previous major release in March of this year. Some highlights are below; more details may be found in the Reactis User's Guide.
New features include:
- Support for single precision floating point arithmetic.
- Support for the MATLAB R14 (Simulink 6.0) file format.
- Support for Boundary Value Coverage to track whether an inport assumes the boundary values of its domain of possible values.
- A new model import architecture that vastly simplifies the preparation of models for use with Reactis. Benefits include improved error messages and the elimination of type errors reported by Reactis but not by Simulink.
- Optimizations in Reactis Simulator to increase the size of both models and test suites that the tool can handle.
- Support for data objects in Simulink block parameters.
- A capability to export test suites as MATLAB .mat files. This binary format enables values in tests to be represented with more precision than is possible in the ASCII-based .m file format. When running a Reactis-generated test suite on a Simulink model, the higher precision of test data helps avoid some rounding errors.
- Precision improvements for models with S-Functions and models that use MATLAB. This higher precision eliminates rounding error in some models.
- A capability to view which users occupy shared licenses.
- Improved dependency-cycle detection and reporting. The reporting of certain falsely detected dependency cycles was eliminated and error reporting related to cycles was improved (especially when cycles are due in part to user-specified block priorities).
- General performance improvements.
RSI is a privately held company headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia. The company's testing and validation products help customers in the automotive and aerospace industries produce higher quality software more quickly.
Reactis is a trademark of Reactive Systems, Inc. Simulink and Stateflow are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: