AdventNet Debuts QEngine WebTest 4.1 Web Application Testing Software
12/22/2004 - AdventNet, Inc., a leading provider of network applications and database tools, announced the release of QEngine WebTest, a powerful, yet intuitive tool that facilitates rapid and effective functional testing of Web applications. It is the first test automation tool to support Internet Explorer and Mozilla browsers, and works in Windows as well as Linux.
This tool provides an easy-to-learn user interface to completely automate the creation of sophisticated test scripts as well as recording and playback of Web browser events in IE and Mozilla browsers on Windows as well as Linux platforms. It is primarily targeted for QA professionals and Webmasters. QEngine WebTest provides full support for dynamically generated web applications, whether they are based on Java, .NET, PHP or any other middleware foundation.
Free and Professional Editions
QEngine WebTest is available in free and professional editions. The free edition has no feature restrictions but has limited test execution capability. Where as the professional edition allows executing unlimited test cases with technical support from AdventNet.
Key Features include:
- Records user interactions on browser as test scripts
- "Object-based recording"- recognizes page elements controls symbolically rather than with raw screen coordinates
- Secure Recording on Password Fields
- Data-driven Test wizard to fetch script data from external source
- Provision to add GUI, Database and File checkpoints
- Provision to verify database tables, files, page titles and HTML element properties
- Application Map File to view and modify attributes of objects
- Jython used as scripting language and extended support for "if", "for" programming constructs
- Powerful Script Editor for ease of script readability
- Support for Internet Explorer and Mozilla browsers
- Keyword-driven test using pre-defined keywords to define actions for a test case
- Built-in exception handling and reporting capability
- Detailed reports on failure for ease of analysis
"We ensure that the feature-rich tool optimizes functional testing of Web applications and maximizes ROI for QA professionals and Webmasters,"said K. Shyamala, Product Manager at AdventNet. "We guarantee a high quality user experience at a compelling price point."
QEngine WebTest can be downloaded from:
For sales queries or purchase of WebTest, please contact email@example.com
Enabling Management Your Way
AdventNet provides affordable software in the areas of network applications and database tools. With a broad product portfolio and an active customer base ranging from enterprises, equipment vendors and service providers, AdventNet has emerged as a very affordable and high-quality alternative to expensive software that is common in this industry.
AdventNet is headquartered in Pleasanton, CA with offices in NJ, MA, India, UK, China and Japan and has a well-trained partner base around the globe. It has over 450 employees and thousands of customers world-wide. Visit us at www.adventnet.com
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.