Ironwood Releases SMT Pogo Pin Socket for 168 Ball, 1.27mm Pitch LGA
4/4/2003 - Ironwood Electronics’ is introducing the SK-BGA168F-Z-S-01 SMT socket for the LGA version of Dallas Semiconductor MCM DS3832C-311 or ST Microelectronics M440T1MV. This socket allows allows socketing of the part with the same effective footprint of the BGA device. The gold plated pogo pins are rated to 500,000 insertions. Socket can be mounted to SMT pads on a target PCB with companion SF-BGA64F-B-01 Surface Mount Foot.
The socket is utilized as follows:
- 1. Reflow the SF-BGA64F-B-01 surface mount foot to the target PCB using standard BGA soldering methods.
- 2. Place the SK-BGA168F-Z-S-01 socket assembly onto surface mount foot. The alignment pins assure proper orientation and positioning.
- 3. Insert the surface mount foot screws into the counter-bored holes inside the socket cavity. Tighten the screws in an "X" pattern until the socket assembly is just seated against the surface mount foot.
- 4. Insert the LGA package (note orientation).
- 5. Insert the compression plate over the LGA package.
- 6. Install the socket lid by placing it over the lid screws and rotating it into place. Tighten the lid screws and then tighten the compression screw until the LGA package is fully seated inside the socket.
- 7. Removal is the reverse of the above.
The user can then utilize the same PCB as designed for these 168 pin IC’s. IC’s can be inserted up to 500,000 times.
Pricing for the SF-BGA64F-B-01 is $50.00 each quantity 100. Pricing for the SK-BGA64F-Z-M-01 is $345.00 each quantity 100. www.ironwoodelectronics.com
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: