3/20/2003 - Sun Microsystems, Inc. announced the availability of the Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition, the industry's first complete and fully integrated platform for Java technology-based Web Services (Java Web Services) and application development. The Sun Open Net Environment (Sun ONE) Web Services Platform delivers a complete platform offered at a single price and contains all the elements in a single install necessary to develop network based, enterprise applications. By providing a proven platform that integrates development-ready Sun ONE servers and Java developer tools, as well as aggressively implementing key Web services and emerging business integration standards, Sun continues to drive value, simplicity and choice to the IT customer and enterprise Java technology developer.
"As an industry standard, Java technology is constantly evolving to meet user demands," said Mark Bauhaus, vice president, Java Web Services for Sun Microsystems. "The Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition is the most compelling offering on the market from a product perspective because Sun has responded directly to the predominant customer need, the reduction of complexity and cost in Java Web services application development."
The Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition comprises an integrated suite of development tools and development-ready servers, including the integrated development environment (IDE), portal, network identity, application and integration server functionality. The platform significantly reduces complexity for the developer by providing a single, developer-optimized installation. The plug-ins that extend the Sun ONE Studio IDE functionality are pre-installed for ease of development. The platform tools and the development-ready servers are licensed for unlimited development up to the proof-of-concept stage, thus significantly reducing developer time to market.
The Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition delivers $36,000 worth of platform software for an unprecedented, promotional price of $999. Pricing detail for the Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition as follows:
The Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition includes industry leading Sun ONE products such as:
- Sun ONE Application Server SE (includes Java Web Services Developer Pack)
- Sun ONE Portal Server (Ranked #1 in portal market share by The Radicati Group)
- Sun ONE Identity Server
- Sun ONE Integration Server EAI Edition
- Sun ONE Studio Enterprise Edition for Java for developing J2EE applications and Java Web Services
- Sun ONE Portlet Builder
- Sun ONE Connector Builder for building Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition, Connectors
Web Services Platform Standards
- Sun ONE Application Server supports integration technology today based on J2EE, including Java Messaging Server (JMS) and J2EE Connector Architecture
- Supports all the API's in the Java Web Services Developer Pack including: JAXM,JAXP, JAXR, JAX-RPC, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
- Future releases of the Sun ONE Web Services Platform Developer Edition will implement Sun's Java Business Integration Java Specification Request (JSR), WS-I Web Services Profiles and other key emerging integration standards
About Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Since its inception in 1982, a singular vision -- "The Network Is The Computer" -- has propelled Sun Microsystems, Inc. (Nasdaq: SUNW) to its position as a leading provider of industrial-strength hardware, software and services that make the Net work. Sun can be found in more than 100 countries and on the World Wide Web at http://sun.com
Sun, Sun Microsystems, the Sun logo, Java, J2EE and "The Network Is The Computer" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: