VDC Identifies 3 Classes of Competitors in Inventory Tank Gauging
12/11/2003 - A market research report from Venture Development Corporation (VDC) on the Inventory Tank Gauging (ITG) system and process level measurement device markets in the U.S. identifies three major classes of vendors:
- those offering a narrow range of technologies
- those offering a broad range of technologies
- those for which only a portion of their product offerings are used in inventory tank gauging/process level measurement
VDC found that all 3 classes of vendor are in the top ten suppliers of inventory tank gauging and process level measurement products, indicating that companies can be successful in this market no matter which strategy they choose.
VDC identified the product technologies of the leading vendors in these markets. Even where a vendor has a narrow line in terms of the sensing technology, they still may have a broad line of products using those technologies with various configurations, performance, and options.
Major ITG System Suppliers
- Saab Rosemount Tank Control - non-contact radar tank gauging systems.
- Enraf - HTG hybrid, non-contact radar, and servo systems. Lower shipments in HTG, and capacitance/RF systems.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Mettler-Toledo, and Revere Transducers - load cells, portions of these go into ITG and process level measurement applications.
- Endress + Hauser Systems & Gauging - float & tape and non-contact radar systems. Some HTG, HTG hybrid, and servo systems.
- Invensys Process Systems (Foxboro) -HTG systems for ITG applications.
- Gauging Systems - capacitance/RF, float & tape, magnetostrictive, non-contact radar, servo, and HTG hybrid systems.
- Consilium - the only known supplier of resistive tape systems. Some sales in ultrasonic point devices for process level measurement.
- King-Gage Engineering - electronic pressure and HTG systems.
Major Process Level Measurement Device Suppliers
- Rosemount - Electronic pressure transmitters. A large share of these go into flow applications. Rosemount also supplies non-contract microwave/radar process level measurement devices, and HTG systems for ITG.
- Magnetrol - Displacer, float, contact microwave/radar and ultrasonic products. Also capacitance/RF, vibration, thermal, and magnetic indicator products.
- Gems Sensors - Conductive and float point switches. Also continuous measurement float and ultrasonic devices. In addition they supply optical, tilt, and ultrasonic point switches.
- Seimens Milltronics - Ultrasonic continuous level measurement devices, non-contact microwave radar and capacitance/RF level measurement products.
- Ohmart/Vega - non-contact microwave/radar and nuclear continuous level measurement, capacitance/RF, conductive, electronic pressure, contact microwave/radar, nuclear point, utrasonic, and vibration process level measurement devices.
- Mettler-Toledo and Vishay Intertechnology - load cells used in process level measurement applications. Only a portion of these go into ITG and process level measurement applications. Vishay also had some shipments in strain gauges for process level measurement applications.
- AMETEK Drexelbrook - Capacitance/RF products for both continuous and point process level measurement. Also supplies ultrasonic continuous and point level measurement devices.
- Endress + Hauser - non-contact microwave/radar, electronic pressure, capacitance/RF, vibration, ultrasonic products and contact microwave/radar products.
- Venture Measurement - capacitance/RF (continuous and point), continuous measurement contact microwave/radar, diaphragms, electronic pressure (continuous and point), optical (point), paddlewheels, ultrasonic (continuous), and weight & cable (continuous).
Venture Development Corporation, a technology market research and strategy firm, was founded in 1971 by graduates of Harvard Business School and MIT. Over the years, VDC has developed and fine-tuned a unique and highly successful methodology for forecasting and analyzing dynamic technology markets. The company has over 30 years of experience in providing market research, strategic analysis and consulting services to technology companies worldwide. The VDC mission is to provide our clients with strategic and tactical information that satisfies real needs and will provide lasting value, fostering client loyalty and respect.
For further information on this new study "The US Process Level Measurement and Inventory Tank Gauging Industry, Eighth Edition" or any other VDC service contact: Marc Regberg, Vice President, Phone: 508-653-9000, xt. 111, Email: email@example.com
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: