Cypress Highlights its USB Portfolio at the Intel Developer Forum
9/5/2002 - Cypress Semiconductor - the industry leader in USB - will feature its broad portfolio of USB products at the upcoming Intel Developer Forum, Fall 2002 from September 9 through September 12, 2002. Cypress’s personal connectivity products will be on display in the USB Pavilion, booth #112 at the San Jose Convention Center.
Live demonstrations of the following USB-IF certified products will be featured in the Cypress booth:
- Cypress’s NAND Flash Drive Reference Design (CY4616), designed for the portable flash memory market, supports any PC or device with a standard USB port and mass storage class capability. This is a small mobile storage device that can replace a floppy disk drive for portable storage.
- The SL811HS USB host/peripheral controller implements the new USB On-the-Go (OTG) standard. This is Cypress’s first-to-market embedded host controller with a single dual-role port that functions as either host or peripheral.
- Cypress’s EZ-USB AT2 and ISD-300A1 ATA/ATAPI bridge features high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity to mass storage devices. With speeds of up to 480 Mbits/sec, they are the optimum solution for applications that demand greater bandwidth such as hard drives, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, Zip, SuperDisk, HiFD and CompactFlash.
- Cypress’s TetraHub™ is the only USB 2.0 hub controller to integrate four transaction translators allowing connected peripherals – low-speed (1.5 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), and high-speed (480 Mbps) – the highest performance possible in an USB-enabled system. TetraHub is a fixed-function solution, requiring no firmware intervention, thereby reducing design risk and development time. The TetraHub may be used as a high-bandwidth controller in standalone hubs, monitor hubs, port replicators and docking stations.
- Cypress EZ-USB 2.0 Portfolio offers the industry’s broadest selection of solutions for Hi-Speed USB applications. From a standalone UTMI Transceiver (EZ-USB TX2TM) to a fully-integrated microcontroller (EZ-USB FX2TM), Cypress has the ideal solution for any application.
About Cypress (www.cypress.com)
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE: CY) is Connecting from Last Mile to First Mile™ with high-performance solutions for personal, network access, enterprise, metro switch, and core communications-system applications. Cypress Connects™ using wireless, wireline, digital, and optical transmission standards, including Bluetooth, USB, Fibre Channel, SONET/SDH, Gigabit Ethernet, and DWDM. Leveraging its process and system-level expertise, Cypress makes industry-leading physical layer devices, framers, and network search engines, along with a broad portfolio of high-bandwidth memories, timing technology solutions, and programmable microcontrollers.
Cypress, EZ-USB and the Cypress logo are registered trademarks of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation. "Connectivity from Last Mile to First Mile," TetraHub, TX2, FX2 and "Cypress Connects" are trademarks of Cypress.
Previous Page | News by Category | News Search
If you found this page useful, bookmark and share it on: